Subject: Re: R Leicas
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com (John McLeod)
Date: 02 Feb 1997 22:49:41 GMT

The Leica R's are great.  Apart from the relative merits of rangefinders vs.
SLR's, I actually prefer the feel of an R6 in my hands to an M6.  The M6 is
smaller, which is nice, and built a bit more solidly, but the R6 is simply
more comfortable to hold and use than the M6, for me.  I have had Nikons, a
Canon EOS-1n, R's and M's.  I keep thinking, "you know, I should sell these R
cameras.  They don't have the flash and other capabilities of the F5's and
EOS-1n's, nor the advantages or elegance of the Leica rangefinder cameras.
Why keep them?"  The simple answer is that the R6 with the lenses I own is
the most enjoyable camera to use that I have ever had.  For those of you that
haven't tried one, put a 100 APO or a 35 Summicron on an R body and see how
it feels.  It's an excellent package, the balance is excellent, the lenses
are rock solid and smooth, the shutter has a wonderful sound, the viewfinder
is very bright.  The bodies are not as rock solid feeling as the lenses but
this is certainly not the only factor that makes a camera system satisfying
to use.

John McLeod

Sent from Designlink, San Francisco.
Online Service for Creative Professionals.
Modem: (510) 933-9676; (510) 845-4187; (415) 241-9927
Internet: Via TCP/IP PORT: 3000; IP: 206.14.15.3
WEB: http://www.designlink.com