Subject: Re: Shopping for Leicas in Kathmandu
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 09:25:51 -0500

At 08:04 PM 2/3/97 -0800, Stephen Gandy wrote:

>The IIIF he found is a BD, check the number.
>
>Nearly ALL screwmounts after years of storage need at least a CLA, and
>half of those will need new curtains.   I made that assumption when
>evaluating the price.

Believe me, back East a IIIf BD with a clean body, even if it needs a CLA,
will run a minimum of $400 and possibly more.  I just spent the last few
minutes running through my back-file of pricelists and catalogues looking
for some other items and noticed that even the average IIIF bd's are going
up, up, up.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!