Subject: Re: APX25 and Copying
From: John Poirier <jpoirier@tailpipe.learnnet.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:59:10 -0700

Henk Thijs wrote:

> David asked:
>
> >Question:  When copying slides (to print film) I get a huge gain in
> >contrast.  Short of using a specialized copy film (I do too little of it to
> >warrant that) can you (or anyone on this list) recommend a commonly
> >available neg film with lower contrast (or any "tricks of the trade" that
> >will lower contrast)?
Ilford XP2 is excellent for making copies from slides- try it rated at
200.  It has excellent exposure latitude and has no problem handling
contrasty highlights, which I find to be the main problem in copying
slides to black and white.
- --
John Poirier
Coordinator of Technical Services
Northwest Territories Archives,Yellowknife, NWT, Canada
john_poirier@ece.learnnet.nt.ca