Subject: Re: SL Problems?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:37:50 -0500

At 10:41 AM 2/5/97 -0500, Ed Meyers wrote:

>My experience is that you must check the meter carefully, as
>the CdS cell may not be up to snuff. Use the meter check. Also,
>be aware that it was designed for the PX-13 and 625 mercury
>batteries which are no longer made. The Wien "air" battery
>works, but for about 1/4 the usual two years I'm used to.

Mine worked well on a PX76 silver-oxide cell.  I still owned the camera when
the first words of the impending death of the mercury cell came out, so I
tried mine on a '76 for more than a year.  Closer than 1/3 stop accuracy, so
I suspect there is an internal regulator in the circuitry.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!