Subject: Re: Advice on RF calibration in SM Leicas?
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 19:21:21 -0700

Note Bene Aleksander,

FED stands for Feliks Edmundowicz Dzierzynski(get your spelling right), a
Polish aristocrat an the founder of Cheka, the predecessor of NKVD, and FED
is not a Russian, but Soviet knock-off (don't mix up the two).

While visiting Russia, I had to explain that I carried a Leica, not a FED.
Most Russians, like most Americans have never seen a real Leeka. In fact, I
have not seen anyone use a SM Leica during the past 25 years.

Regards,

Chris