Subject: Re: Roger! Stand Up!
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 18:17:18 -0700

Roger,

Welcome back to the LUG.

Incidentally, isn't "gaff" really spelled gaffe. (I don't have my big
Webster here.) I have to admit that I, also, missed the spelling error. This
is because there is so much bad spelling and grammar in this computer age.

I probably will never get the R8, or R7, because their computer codes may
contain spelling errors. I have heard that the older lenses can be
"upgraded" to the R8 standard. However, there is an incompatibility between
the older two cams and new ROM module. Frankly, I never expected this sort
of thing from Leica. My "diesel" 180mmm Elmarit still only has two cams and
will probably never see the ROM. Somehow, I trust mechanical cams more than
puny microcicuits whose settings might be altered by alpha particles, EMPs,
and the like. Just kidding...

How is the light in Arizona?  Have you made any decisions in regard to using
your 100mm APO with 2X APO?

Best regards,

Chris