Subject: Re: Handgrip M
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:26:36 +0000

> Hi Peter,

> No, we are definitely speaking about the same grip,

I simply didn't
> understand what an "allen wrench" was.

> Claes

Hi Claes,

Rest assured, no offense was taken. It's easy to forget that English
isn't the first language for everyone on this list, especially since
everyone writes so well. A more universally understood term might be
HEX wrench.

I called Tamarkin in New York this morning. They have in stock the
new M grip made by Leica. It's made of plastic and is therefore very
light weight. It provides a tripod socket centered under the camera.
It's a one piece affair so the grip section cannot be detached from
the base section.

The entire grip is easier to install or remove from the camera than
the American version. It apparently has a key lock similar to the
camera's own baseplate lock. You don't need a quarter or a car key.
It costs about $80, just as the American version does.

Unfortunately for me however, it still interferes with the self timer
on the M4 or M3. Another of life's little disappointments. :<)

Peter Jon White
Peter White Cycles
666 Mass Ave. Route 111
Acton, MA 01720