Subject: Re: A question for M6 users
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 21:15:41 +0000

Marc says,

> The M6 meter is deadly accurate and the area metered is clearly defined:
> use the focusing block.

Greetings,

The focusing block is a fixed size in the viewfinder. Whenever you
change focal lengths, the relative size of the focusing block to the
size of the metered area changes.

When I change lenses with the M4 or M3, I have to concentrate on the
new frame lines in the viewfinder a bit to really see just what the
new frame lines are showing me. It seems to me that adding a change
in the meter's area would further complicate matters. I suspect  the
problem I perceive is the result of so many years using the Canon F-1
and the FTb before it.

> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

I'm new to this list and I fear I'm the umteenth person to ask this
but I'll do it anyway.

What's that mean?

Peter Jon White