Subject: Re: Re.: Handgrip M
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 21:40:32 -0700 (MST)

I played with the Leica made handgrip tonight (just minutes ago) at the
dealer here in town. It is of one piece construction, fastens via the tripod
socket with a screw-down that is very similiar to the latch on the
baseplate. It is all plastic, injection molded, except for the screw-down. I
could not determine if the "leatherette" is molded-in texture, or actually
the same material covering the chassis of the camera.

It is rather a nice contour which gives the grip a feeling of certainty. It
is a problem though when using it with a strap. The strap clip couldn't
decide which of my fingers it wanted to be between.

There was a question of the aftermarket grip torqueing the baseplate when
one squeezed the grip against the camera body. It was said that this could
reset the film counter on some examples. ????. This one did no such thing.

One bonus, which had been discussed here on the LUG repeatedly (to death),
is that the grip has it's own tripod socket, and guess where it is? RIGHT IN
THE CENTER!!!

Price - $79.00US

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes