Subject: Newsgroup
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:03:46 +0100

When I started todays mail reading I appreciated the idea to open a
newsgroup. And I posted this immediately.

After having read the different opinions I tried to observe my own
behaviour in reading mail vs. reading newsgroup: I start reading the mail,
thus I get the Leica stuff first, which I like.

I always thought it was the topic which cleaned the mailing list from garbage,
but if there is any danger (and I think there is!) that a newsgroup might
decrease the quality of the information I'd rather prefer the mailing list,
since I had no problems with binaries, pinholes or cereales spoiling very well
founded information and from time to time a high level sense of humor.

IMHO the worst solution would be a mailing list AND a newsgroup.

christoph