Subject: Re: Novoflex 400/5.6 user report
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 16:32:36 -0400

At 1:21 PM 2/17/97, Marc James Small wrote:
>If we give into fascism, we are fascists.  The only 'terror' in the US is
>that which we bring on ourselves.  Fight back!  Ignore the jerks.

>If the police pummel you for having a 'machine-gun lookalike', suggest they
>take a long walk off a short pier.  I'd be damned before my photography was
>affected by the anal-retentive fears of some "security" officer.  As to the
>public, I suggest they watch less TV and get a life.

(with tongue firmly lodged in cheek..........)

I'll try that, next time "they" take me away in one of those vans, that
used to be identified by a Term That Is Offensive To Those Of Irish
Descent.

(tongue out of cheek........)

I am one of those who believe that my Constitutional Right to gather and
disseminate News is no more, nor less, important than everyone else's
Constitutional Rights.

People have a right to feel safe, wherever they may be... so do I, as a
matter of fact. I have a family, and a home, and a cat, and hobbies... I'm
no different than any of my neighbors.

While I decry the fear that has gripped the Common Man... fear of
terrorists, murderers, street-gangs, serial rapists-killers-cannibals, or
whatever... and while I don't see many sensible solutions to the problem
(making it tougher for me to get my film on and off an airplane will do
little to protect the victims of the next Airliner Bombing) on the
horizon... I will not belittle the fear of my neighbors.

It may NOT be justified by their Daily Experience... but tell that to the
old guy in the wheelchair, who got shot, and pushed off the "Achille
Lauro".

                                        Greg.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk
                                              409 Central St, Saugus, MA 01906