Subject: Re: Re:the Leicavit
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 03:17:46 -0500

   From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
   Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 07:35:33 -0800

   Who is Tom Abrahmson and how do we contact him to get user information on
   his Leicavit?

"Who is Tom Abrahamsson": I dunno exactly, but Tom Abrahamsson
contributes to the LHSA journal "Viewfinder" occasionally; the
magazine often has pictures of him at meetings and so on.  He makes a
Leicavit replacement, called the Rapidwinder.  The first Leicavit for
M cameras, as sold with the MP, and which could be fitted to the M2,
is different from the Abrahamsson rapidwinder.  The Rapidwinder fits
the M4-2, M4-P and M6, apparently mating with the same machinery as
the winder does.  To use a Rapidwinder on an M2 or an M3, you need to
have the body converted.  Reinhold Mueller in Toronto does this, and I
seem to remember hearing that the price for the conversion is about
$600, but I don't know where I heard this.  Maybe I dreamed it up.
The price for the Rapidwinder itself is about $500.

The address in the "Leica M Compendium" is:

Tom B. Abrahamsson
Industrial Designer, Photographer
#203-1512 Yew Street
Vancouver, BC