Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: 100774.527@CompuServe.COM
Date: 18 Feb 97 12:55:51 EST

Reply to Stephen Gandy

>Leica uses it reputation to overcharge whenever possible.  Take a long
>hard look at its seemingly endless series of commemoratives as well as
>the M6J.

For me, the M6-J is not only a "commemoratives" like the others. It is really a
different camera (1.640 ex.), with different parts (top cover , viewfinder,
etc..) a original lense (except the glasses, all the parts are different from
the regular elmar). All that justify the price(in a way). This is not the case
of the others.

I don't like those, but if it is the condition for Leica to survive, i don't
care because everybody is free to buy them ore not.

By the way it seems that the prototype of a Summicron 35 Asph. is on test at
Solms.(Same size as this actual one)!!!!