Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:43:34 -0500

At 05:48 PM 18-02-97 -700, Roger wrote:
>With alacrity, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>
>> The M6J should not be a special M6.   Rather it should be a standard
>> M6 at a reasonable price for everyone.
>
>Then it would be an M6! That was not the intent of the M6J. The
>market will dictate, Stephen. If the late Ms are what you say then
>they will suffer ever decreasing sales and ultimately die. So far,
>they're selling all they make.
>
>I sold out of a high tech, state of the art Canon system for the
>simplicity of the M and R systems. I'm happy, have no desire for even
>the R8, and hope that the market will continue to allow me to be a
>throwback!

And don't forget that as good a camera as the M6J may be, the regular M6 is
still one of the best around.  Lately I have been using a Nikon F2 for a
llot of studio shooting, and I like it a lot.  But every now and then I take
out my M6 and the difference between the two is incredible.  The Leica's
shutter is so quiet in comparison, that I have to double check to make sure
it is working.  And the film advance is so much finer.  So maybe the M6J is
even better.  I'm more than happy with my plain-Jane M6.

Dan C.