Subject: Re:Pinhole aperture info
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:12:35 -0700 (MST)

>I tried piercing a hole in a Leica bodycap but the diameter of the image
>circle was only the breath of the negative. What should I do??
>
>--Adi
What you have is a cylinder not a hole. Your light path is being trimmed by
the thickness of the material thru which you poked the hole. Best fix would
be to use a counter-sinking bit that comes to a sharp point and counter sink
the hole from the inside of the cap. It should be as shallow an angle as
possible. Otherwise you could make a bigger hole and adhere a piece of foil
over it and poke the hole thru the foil.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA