Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: "Hubert Nowotny" <hubertn@mail.ctr.co.at>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:57:36 +0100

Stepehn,
Yes, ceertainly. It should.
The quality issue _is_ a shame, definitely. People near to Leica talk
about production costs (M6J completely handmade in many, many hours;
mourn ...).
But how to tell your manufacturer if people buy (relatively!) lower quality at
high prices? And M6es sell as they are produced (as I hear), no piece
left over.

Sad, indeed.

Hubert
> Legendary Leica quality of the 50's and 60's and turned into just a
> legend for the 90's.
>  I know of no other camera manufacturer which charges roughly 4
> times the normal body price for a camera which has the high standards
> that ALL of its cameras used to have 40 years ago.
>
> The M6J should not be a special M6.   Rather it should be a standard M6
> at a reasonable price for everyone.
>
> Stephen Gandy

* Von/From: HUBERT NOWOTNY, CTR Hatzenberger & Nowotny OEG
* A-1040 Wien/Vienna, Kettenbrueckengasse 16 (Austria, Europe ...)
* Tel ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 0, Fax ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 24
* hubertn@ctr.co.at, http://www.ctr.co.at/ctr/