Subject: 135mm f4.0 Elmar vs. 135mm f4.0 Tele-Elmar
From: Michael Hintlian <102144.2651@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Feb 97 19:05:40 EST

I am very curious.  These lenses both have wonderful reputations but I wondered
just how the performances from the two lenses would compare.

Speaking of the 135mm f4.0 Elmar, Lager quotes a 1961 Leica brochure..."one of
the sharpest lenses ever created"...!  My interest is piqued.  I have also heard
that the Tele-Elmar actually has an apo element(s)...could be rumor and I'm
willing to be wrong.

Anyone want to expand on these two f4.0 135's?

Michael Hintlian