Subject: Re: 135mm f4.0 Elmar vs. 135mm f4.0 Tele-Elmar
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 97 08:11:38 PST

     Hi Michael,

      You read and heard about them right.  I cannot say anything about
     performance difference between the two because I have never owned the
     Elmar but have a couple of Tele-Elmars.  However, I also read and
     heard that the Tele-Elmar was almost like an APO lens in performance
     and that the Elmar was almost as good as the Tele-Elmar.  Actually I
     read about it again yesterday in Bryan P's "Leica M Photography".  He
     mentioned that the Tele-Elmar was the only lens performing as an APO
     lens.

        Regards,

        David