Subject: Re: The Oddmund Chronicles
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:14:47 -0700 (MST)

>Thus spake Stark on 22 Feb 97:
>
>> Mr White: Ok you did it! now stand back about 10 feet from the tube
>> so you dont get hit by the flack...
>
><snip>
>
>PLEASE take this to private email. Let well enough alone!
>--
>Roger Beamon

Why Roger, because you are bothered by it? I think it needs closure. The man
was demonized here, although he stayed on for some time and managed to leave
with some dignity, allowing the issues to die down before making his exit.
You left for several months because of it and then lurked for some time
after returning.

It needs to be dealt with. When the next Oddmund's ideas don't sit well with
a member or members of LUG, do we rush to the shed and pass out farm
implements and torches? Or do we deal with it like the gentlemen everyone
here professes to be?

I seem to remember you, Roger, quoting somebody who said that they would
"die defending" a man's right to say what he wanted to say or somesuch. Is
this just the rhetoric of the free man, or did you mean it? I can find the
quote if you need a reminder.

If this gets swept under the rug it will just happen again.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA