Subject: Re: Need tripod advice
From: Steven Blutter <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:50:16 -0600

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am planning another trip to Europe this Summer with my family.  They
> won't let me go without them again.  Sometimes I leave my family at home
> when traveling to lecture to large groups of doctors on eye care topics.
>
> Anyway,  I am in the market for a very light weight tripod that I can lash
> to a Domke or Billingham Bag while walking around Europe.  I have
> considered the thinnest Bogen tripod, 3011, with a small ball head.
> Cullman makes a collapsable tripod that lays flat but I'm not sure if it
> would fit in a larger camera bag.  I picked up an excellent Bogen monopod
> 3249 and a Gitzo Reporter monopod.  They are light weight but not stable
> enough for a pinhole lens on a M6 Leica.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a currently available light weight
> small tripod that will extend at least to 5 feet.
>
> Thanks for your recommendations.
>
> Richard
> Richard Clompus, OD
> West Chester, Pennsylvania, USArichard, i get away with the little Leitz table top w/ball head.  you
can always find somewhere to set it up - cars are my favorites, walls
etc. and don't have to lug around a cumbersome tripod for how many
exposures?  The light weight little ones are too flimsey and a decent
big one like thge smaller bogens are too heavy.  If you are going to
take a tripod anyway, at least jery-rig a shoulder strap and carry it
like a rifle,  rgrds, sblutter