Subject: Winter daydreams
From: Doug Richardson <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 21:32:05 +0000

 wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox) wrote:

>I would be interested in an M featured camera built to the size and shape
>of a IIIf or IIIg, both of which I find fit my both my (large) hands and my
>pocket quite nicely.

25 years after selling it, I still miss my IIIg, and start drooling every
time I see a mint example in a dealer's window. I've love to buy one,
but I'd never use it. I much prefer the viewfinder of the M2 or CL. My IIIg
spent most of its time with a SBOOI in the accessory shoe.

A "IIIg"  with a decent finder, an opening back, M-series mount, and a
built in meter might have given the little Kyocera Contax a run for its
money. The moment I saw the Contax I admired it - so obviously a camera of
the 1990s, but equally obviously the descendant of the  original Contax. I
don't know what it's like as a camera, but its a great bit of styling and
design. Can't say the same for the Mini Deluxe or the (oog) R8.

But I think I'll stick with my CL. It's my favourite Leica - I suspect
Oscar Barnack would have loved it.

Regards,

Doug Richardson

Doug Richardson