Subject: Re: Leica R8
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Feb 97 12:38:36 EST

Regarding the R8, I have read in various french magazine that:

1) - with the lens strap, you will have to put your right-hand fingers on each
side of the strap in order to be able to fire the shutter release.(between
middle finger and index finger)
2) - there is a problem with the automatic loading. (Don't work properly on each
3) - the ground glass is exactly the same as on the R7, not brighter.(made for
lenses with aperture from 2,8 to 5,6 and not so good with sumiluxes or lenses
with tele-extender).

But anyway it's seem to be a great camera.(BTW, I like the new design)

I intend to buy one, but only when Leica will add a focus confirmation !!!
I am a little bit angry about that, I have to confess.(specially when I use my
Apo macro elmarit with the Apo tele extender 2X)

Lucien