Subject: Accessory Shoe
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:28:04 -0500

At 01:24 PM 2/28/97 -0000, Paul wrote:

>BTW, Leica originated the standard accessory shoe that is now on top of
>almost all cameras. It's generally used as a hot shoe now, but originally
>was used for viewfinders, rangefinders and other accessories.

I found this most interesting, though I'm not certain it's correct.
Certainly, all Leicas from the UR-Leica of '23 had such -- but I've never
heard such a claim advanced before.  Does anyone have anything to contribute
to this, or are you guys going to make me dig through tons of dusty old
catalogues and magazines?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!