Subject: Re: PX battery replacement
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:31:46 +0000

Greetings,

I just ordered one of the MR-9 adapters from C.R.I.S. Delivery is "4
to 6 weeks, maybe less". I'll test it in my Gossen Super Pilot. If it
works, and the meter doesn't go up in smoke, I'll try it in the MR-4.
If that works, I'll try it in my wife Linda's first generation Canon
F-1. If that works I'll order two more!

They claim that as the voltage in the silver 76 battery drops from
1.5 volts toward oblivion, the output of the adapter remains stable
at 1.35 volts. The Super Pilot meter will make a good test bed since
the meter can be left on all the time. I can check the meter's
reading throughout the day.

I'll report back.

Peter Jon White