Subject: Re: Did my text attachment hurt anybody?
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 97 15:57:21

In <199703010734.IAA20312@ftp20.jet.es>, on 03/01/97 at 07:34 AM,
   "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es> said:

>I received this private e-mail of somebody I am not going to mention
>his/her name:

>>I would be most appreciative if, in the future, you refrained from postin
>>attachments or binaries to your LUG messages.  These take FOREVER to
>>download and, as they don't interest many of the members, constitute wast
>>bandwidth.

>The annoying attachment that this guy refers to, was on my recent message
>titled "a bit of history", and it s a text file, in word format, just for
>its ease of use, and for if somebody considerd it interesting enough to
>keep.  The text is four or five times shorter than a big percentage of
>the messages I receive daily from LUG. But that s not the point.
>Particularily the guy that sent me this happens to be "wasting bandwidth"
>all the time with issues like personal politic views, and a long etc
>which by the way don t interest ME a single bit but I download them
>anyway. So I consider my message and its attachment to be of interest to
>a potential big part of the group, and though I don t think I ll feel the
>need of doing it again, but if I do I will.

>Unless of course a BIG PART of the group finds it annoying, and expresses
>so PUBLICLY.

>Sorry for the inconveniences.

>		Nicolas Levinton. Madrid. SPAIN
>		nicolev@jet.es

Nicholas

I have problems with attachments so they are wasted on me.  Might I
suggest you post that you have it and have interested people private email
you if they want to get it... seems that should make all parties 'happy'

Dennis

Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown