Subject: Re: kodachrome processing
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 20:15:21 -0600

dwp@deltanet.com wrote:

> In <3.0.32.19970301140930.006e57dc@pop.ricochet.net>, on 03/01/97 at 02:14
> PM,
>    "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net> said:

> >square

> >>Yes, Kodak announced it a few weeks ago. Ed Meyers

I doubt if there will be many local labs doing it.  Even E-6 isn't a
very large percentage of normal processing anymore.  The big factor is
that Kodak "owns" the process as Polaroid "owns" the instant picture and
one must be licensed to use it.  If Kodak does release the technology to
support it's exclusive film there probably won't be enough consumer
interest to support it in other than a commercial lab.
Most consumers will choose E-6 if it's 50 cents cheaper and the lab
won't have to buy another $50,000+ machine.

I think Kodachrome is the greatest slide film ever, but I usually feel
cynical about Kodak's marketing.

Thanks,

Colin