Subject: 90 Elmarit vs 90 Summicron
From: CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:59:36 -0500 (EST)

dmorton@journalist.co.uk requested feedback on comparing these two fine
lenses. I opted for the Summicron and it has become my favorite b&w portrait
set-up. The contrast and resolution are superb. The f2 speed matches my 35 &
50 lenses allowing me to easily choose from all three in most available light
situations. The only negative if you use a lot of filters when shooting is
that the 55 filter size does not match the 35 & 50 lenses as does the f2.8
lens. The used 90 Summicrons are only about a 25% premium over the f2.8's-a
reasonable premium compared to the premium one pays for an extra f stop on
most Leica lenses. Good Luck.
Carl Muhlstein
P.S. Any Leica M street and documentary shooters in the greater LA area? Call
me at 818-980-8877