Subject: Re: 90mm f2 for Leica M
From: EdLeica@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:55:02 -0500 (EST)

I own one and have used this relatively large lens for the last 13 years.  I
found that my lens circa 1959 Leitz Canada to be an exceptionally sharp lens
judging from my Kodachrome 64 slides.  In fact for portraits I MUST use a
diffuser of some type because it is occaisionally too sharp. The only
inconvenience was finding a good selection of 48mm filters.  I purchased a
48-49 adapter ring and now use relatively inexpensive filters.  I also have
used the lens on a Visoflex and found the wider aperature much easier to
focus.  Don't worry about the greater weight unless you are backpacking  for
weeks at a time where every ounce counts.      Ed