Subject: Re: Old style Elmar 5cm SM collapsable-Help!
From: Steven Blutter <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 06:41:25 -0600

I recently received as a gift the above lens, which was filthy.  Doing
what anyone nosey Leica freak would do, I cleaned it thoroughly, even
taking the barrel out of the mount and cleaning that too.
Now the lens is way too loose because there's no grease for tension.
I only have in the house some very bicycle waterproof grease, but assume
that's not right.
- -Question>what grease to use? How much to use?  I don't want to pay a
repair guy just to do this (last resort)
thanks,
sblutter