Subject: Re: Cartier-Bresson's Contax
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:59:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Ed Meyers Said:
> > I have this british-made adapter that lets me use my Zeiss Contax
> > (rangefinder) lenses and Nikkor rangefinder lenses on my Leicas.
> > So I can shoot with my 50mm Summicron, or 50mm f/2 Sonnar,
> > or 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor on either my IIIf or M3 Leica (with bayonet
> > adapter).
>
> Ed:
> There have been several adaptors made for Contax RF that allow the Contax
> lens to be adapted to Leica Screw mount extension tubes... I probably have
> 3 or 4 of them.  ( I never even guessed that they might let the Contax lens
> focus at infinity on a Leica... Very Interesting.....The possibilities are
> incredible....180 MM Olympic Sonnar Lens on the Leica.... 21 MM Biogon,
> ... Sonnars... Tessars...
>

> Thank You
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@worldnet.att.net

Yes, I also have the "fixed" ones for extension tube or bellows
work. But the prize one is focusing from one meter to infinity and
has the cam for rangefinder focusing. However, it is only for the
internal Contax-Nikkor bayonet lens mounts. Too bad, as I also have
the Zeiss-made pinhole lens (about 20mm f/125) made for a
special purpose in the 1950s. it has the external bayonet, so
I'm forced to use it with my Contax IIa. Ed Meyers