Subject: Re: Lean M3 Question
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:03:57 +0000

> Do you mean some repair man could have cheated you??
>
> --Adi
>

> >My M3 is a double stroke and the serial number is 1055180. I believe
> >the camera was assembled from at least two different bodies. Your
> >camera could have a similar history.
> >
> >Peter Jon White

Greetings,

I'm not sure if you are directing your question at me but here goes.
I don't feel cheated at all. I paid around $800 for an M3 body in
very nice condition cosmetically and mechanically. Whoever did the
job did fine work in my opinion.

I happen to be in the bicycle business. If I had a good frame with
trashed wheels, and another bike with a bent frame and good wheels, I
wouldn't hesitate to take all the good components and assemble a
complete bike from them.

As long as I didn't sell it to a collector claiming that the bike was
original, no harm is done. The M3 I purchased was sold as a "user".
And now it gets lots of use! I couldn't be happier with it.

Peter Jon White