Subject: Re: Ben, are you nuts?
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Mar 97 19:36:24 EST

<<<following up on Donal Philby's post about Ben Holmes's black-painted
darkroom, I just had to start a thread with this title. >>>>>>>>

Hi David,

 Well it should have some humour to it, as I think Ben must have been in a
"black mood" when he made that decision, cause that was how I was feeling when I
painted one of mine black.

Finally had to change it back to all white, I kept banging into things and
inparticular my head on the enlarger! :) It huats after you've done it a half
dozen times a day. :)

I mean I couldn't see my hand in front of my face let alone find the paper. But
White is beautiful as the safe lights make it like daylight, hey I've got a
bright darkroom and most new comers say, "gee don't you fog a lot of paper in
here?"

Naw it's all "safelight"! :)

Like Doanl, I bet we hear Ben telling us he "just painted his darkroom" some
weekend. :)  But Ben you'll need four coats of white paint to get it back to
white, just look at all the work you made for yourself. :)

ted