Subject: RE: Harsh light & Fungus
From: Chan Eng Suan <engsuan@tp.ac.sg>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:00:03 +0800

I agreed with Dan, silica gel is ineffective in humid tropical
environment, you need to recharge them almost every other day (unless
you seal you equipment and don't use them :-)) The dehumidifying cabinet
is by far the most convenient way keeping them, just switch on the
power, set the right humidity level (should be safe below 50%RH), put in
your valuable equipment and sleep well. Adi, the last time you've to the
Singapore Leica distributor, you should have seen one displaying there.

Fungus will only grow under stale air and dim light conditions, a good
reason to use your equipment regularly. Have you noticed fungi have good
taste......they rarely grown on cheap glass.

Cheers,

Eng-Suan
engsuan@tp.ac.sg
(65)780-5532