Subject: Leica M7 introduction
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:28:41 +0000

Greetings,

My sources tell me that Leitz has developed an electromegnetic
compression algorithym that in effect causes a shift in the
wavelength of visible light into the ultraviolet spectrum. These
higher frequencies, (shorter wavelengths), fit into a smaller area
allowing for the use of smaller lenses and film.

The new M7 will use Super 8 film and will be the size of a credit
card. A new series of lenses will be intrduced, from 11mm to 46mm
focal lengths. It should be on dealers shelves any day now.

The M8 is already on the drawing board. Further advances in
electromagnetic compression algorithyms will reduce the size of the
camera to a grain of rice, making it difficult for a potential thief
to even see, let alone steal. This, however does make the camera
easier to lose, somewhat negating the previously mentioned advantage.

You read it here first.

Peter Jon White

P.S. I have to go now. I have a doctor's appointment. He says he's
going to change my medication. I'm so, tired...