Subject: Leica as weapon
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 97 11:35:04 -0800

The comparison isn't that stupid actually. If we take a look in the books
and in the archives, and study the works of great Leica photographers, the
Magnum people and others, we see that Leica has been the "secret weapon" for
decades. Not the fetish Leicas (Cameras, Automobiles, Firearms, Fine Pens,
Clocks, whatever!) being passionately loved, cherished, and talked about by
the open-minded and open-hearted. No, Leicas in the hands of keensighted,
conscious and humble photographers, with an idea about life and humanity.
That has been, and is still a weapon against lies and injustice anywhere. So
when someone starts claiming that we must avoid politics here, I'm
"ROTFLMAO!!! (rolling on the floor laughing my ass off)". But I've already
mentioned this, I think, so I won't go on.

It's a warm evening in Chinon. Spring is here, and everything is "new"
again. I'll start a signature file series: "Today's topic", with a daily
link to different subjects: Leica, Photography, and other interesting
subjects, and of course the taboo...News & Politics. Oops, I'm Oddmund, and
you know...

;-#) O.
- ---
Oddmund Garvik - <garvik@i-t.fr>
Today's topic - Mexico and US: Well Suited Neighbors
http://www.igc.org/igc/conflictnet/hl/9703109334/hl8.html