Subject: Re: Leica as weapon
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:11:54 -0600

At 10:59 PM 3/11/97 -0700, TAFKAB  wrote:
>Now what's wrong? These guys can ramble on for a week about corney,
>futuristic, antimatter bullshit and no one says "boo". Oddmund, once again
>showing how intelligent and sensitive he is a a human being, writes a well
>thought out, articulate message about the value of seeing and we get
>"Ohellherewegoagain"?
>
>I think Oddmund is cool. He actually has something to say and that bothers
>people. If he hurt some of your feelings, get over it. I've been trashed by
>guys like Beamon, Gandy, Small - you think I care? No. Do I smirk and
>grumble every time one of them writes something I don't like? No. You cannot
>go through life carrying a grudge against everyone who ever pissed you off.
>If you do you negate whatever clarity and wisdom you've managed to gather
>thus far - you become clouded and bitter.
>
>Let it go. Let Oddmund be Oddmund. The guy knows he is unpopular, yet he
>stands up and lets his voice be heard. What's so god damned wrong with that?

Ben,

Here's what's wrong with that: the guy will destroy the list before he's
done.

The pattern is like this:  his posts start out a little rough, but they're
basically OK.  Then they grow more supercilious, more sneeringly
condescending, more abrasively anti-American, until a Roger or a Marc (or a
Chuck) blows a gasket, and the list erupts in a flamewar. Oddmund then
"leaves town" for a week or two, "comes back," posts non-controversially
for a few days, and then starts the process all over again.  If you've
saved the posts, go back and look.

Like you, I don't mind being trashed. I'm on several political lists, and
I'm used to it.  But *this* list can't stand these constant guerilla
attacks. He'll take it down, Ben, laughing the whole time.  THAT'S "what's
so god damned wrong with that."

Chuck
Chuck Warman
cwarman@wf.net    (Wichita Falls, TX)
"The abdication of Belief / makes the Behavior small."
                                 ----Emily Dickinson