Subject: Re: Source for swing-out pola
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:23:58 +0000

On 17 Mar 97 at 8:16, Stanley E Yoder wrote:

> Friends, who currently markets a swing-out polarizer that would fit
> my LTM Summicron 50/2 (39mm)? I assume Leitz does (or did). Others?
> Used is OK.

Don't overlook a used swing-out with defective glass.  Thanks to a
dealer's "miscellaneous" box for  $5.00 and replaced the glass with
the glass from a new 49 mm Tiffen linear polarizer ($12.00) which a
local optician ground down to the requsite 43mm diameter ($5.00).

The purists may howl, but it works.
Written by:
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"