Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #409
From: ghuczek@eagle.wbm.ca (George Huczek)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:22:23 -0600

From: "marcober" <marcober@gate.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:50:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Leica microscopes

I am interested in what you plan to use the scope for. Please let me know
something about these chrystals and what you do with them. Is it scientific
pursuits or art?
Please reply
MB

I am interested in photographing them for artistic effects, more than for
scientific purposes.
They make excellent subject matter for abstracts.
   A wide variety of crystals can be used. In a polarized beam they redirect
the light in different directions, due to changes in the speed the light
travels at different angles of crystal orientation. This gives the dazzling
display of colors when viewed through a second polarizer, oriented at right
angles to the first.

- -GH