Subject: Re: R8 and 3 cam R lenses
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 15:17:56 -0800

At 12:18 AM 3/23/97 +0800, you wrote:
>>LUGs:
>>
>>Was told by a Leica dealer that they have been notified by Leica that use of
>>3 cam lenses on the R8 will WIPE OUT THE ELECTRONICS!!!  Leica's attitude if
>>it happens is "tough."
>>
>>Hope people haven't been buying these and using the 3 cam lenses.
>>
>>Dick Hemingway
>>Norman, OK

My R8 catalog (910 610) lists ALL of the currently available 3-cam lenses
(15mm - 800mm + zooms + extenders) as R8 lenses. I borrowed our local rep's
R8 and used my 3-cam lenses, same kind of lenses the rep uses. ??? I'm
curious as  to what other (new) lenses are there other than 3-cam lenses.
They surely aren't going to re-manufacture the entire line of R lenses just
for the R8.

Jim