Subject: Re: Be Careful
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 14:37:20 -0500

>There are no 'wrong' neighborhoods, just unlucky, or stupid photographers.
>And the misery, of course.

Since the shooter who was beat was a newspaper shooter I seriously doubt
a plastic camera would have worked for him, furthermore there are bad
neighborhoods where it is prudent to be careful and aware of your
surroundings.  The Bee is (or used to be-back when I was working news) a
good news-photo paper and I am sure the shooter was "streetwise". While
working news in Atlanta, Georgia USA I was aware there were certian areas
of town that if you went into carrying your gear you better be ready to
either defend yourself or run like hell.

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto