Subject: Noctilux Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:09:46 -0500

Dear Fellow LugNuts,

I have considered adding a new lens to my current "stable".  The recent
review of the Noctilux realy got me thinking about this specialty lens.  I
have always wanted a fast 50mm.  Certainly the Noctilux would solve that
problem.  My 50mm lenses have always been the Summicron and the Elmar.
Small size and weight were always a consideration with a 50mm.  That is the
reason I can walk around a city all day with a 35mm Summicron and not need
a chiropractic adjustment at the end of the day.  The potential for extreme
small depth of field and color film intrigues me about the Noctiulx.  I
have never used an "exotic" lens on my Leica.

My question is this:  Is the weight of this lens a problem if the camera is
to be carried around a bit? Does it change the entire balance of the camera
and cause the front of the camera to point down when carried?

For those of you using a Noctilux  - thanks for your answers.

Sincerely,

Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA