Subject: Re: Noctilux
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Mar 97 22:50:21 EST

<<<Comments Please!!

Sorry, forgot to tell you that the review of the lens is under the
Collection section>>>>>>

Allister what can I say, but great page on the Noctilux.  Can't say much else
when you quoted me a couple of times! :)

A very informative page and certainly gives an excellent and real time comments
for those who do not own a Noctilux and it will make those who owned and then
sold, cry in their beer. :)

It was interesting how many related to the weight and that is something that has
never occurred to me, as I just look at what the lens can do and the weight be
damned! :)  And at times I'm wearing three M6 cameras with different lenses.

Hell if one can afford one, then don't whine about the weight, just glory in
what the lens can do for making you look like a "great photographer"! :)

This lens allows you to expose film creating images that look so different, that
those who don't have the lens cry in their beer because you have shot their buns
off.

Mine has given me images by absolute available existing light that I would not
have otherwise had. And in documentary photography and in some cases advertising
photography, you put on film some of the most amazing "real time light"
photography, it just gives you the hully gullies! :) That's goose bumps for
those who don't understand "Hully Gullies" :)

I love it and would never consider selling it. And pressed to the wall to decide
one lens and one camera, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment and . "M6 -- Noctilux!

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant