Subject: Re: still more shutter delay nonsense
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 97 10:07:34 -0400

>I've tried to follow this discussion regarding millisecond delays between AF
>camera, manual R7's and Range finder's and for the life of me I can't put
>milliseconds into actual capturing of the image.

Ted & Harrison,

Have you ever used an AF SLR? I don't think you realize how long the
delay is. I'm not talking non-AF SLR vs. rangefinder. I'm talking manual
focus versus some of the slower AF cameras, where you push the button,
wait for the camera to focus, then it takes the picture when it's ready.

With a manual focus camera, yes, you follow focus and you anticipate the
moment you want. That is the whole point of what John Lowther was saying.
This is good. Focusing all at once just before taking the picture is bad,
but this is the only option some AF cameras give you.

- - Paul