Subject: Question of Worth
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 15:07:58 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Perhpas someone more knowledgeable about Leicas could help me.  I have an
old Leica in excellent shape.  The shutter works very well and is in mint
condition.  I think the outer skin was replaced with new leather some time
ago.

Leica Standard, black enamel, Ser. 164112, small external viewer for 50mm
lens, no rangefinder
Leica Summar 5cm, f 2 Ser. 285263  (non-coated optics)

Could anyone tell me what the current value is for this camera.  It looks
like a keeper to me but I wouldn't want to hold back my kid's college
education funds either.  I love Leicas and the closer I get to the
Ur-Leica, which I'll never have, is more exciting.

Thanks,

Richard