Subject: faint M3 rangefinder
From: Rosesanan Soon Lai Yoke <roses@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 15:21:08 +0800

Hello,

I have an M3 #747832, the version without the frame selector. The
rangefinder is extremely difficult to use because I the second image is very
faint. I suspect that it is because the silvering in the viewfinder has worn
off or something. I wish to use this camera as a backup to my M6. Given the
state of the rangefinder however, it is both difficult and frustrating. Are
there any solutions to this problem? Or is there anyone out there who will
be able to repair it at a reasonable price??

I have also an off-topic question to ask..... I am in a position to acquire
an EOS-1 and some lenses at a good price. I currently own a Nikon F4 and
various lenses. I would like to know the opinion of anyone who has had
experiences with both systems to recommend  which I should keep and which I
should ignore. If This cannot be done on the Leica list, please mail me
privately.

adisoon@pl.jaring.my