Subject: Re: Leica Film Cassettes
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 11:12:25 -0400

Yes there are different models. The "B" cassette was for LTM models only
and the "n" cassette is for M and LTM except the CL, M5 and later M6
cameras.

You can tell the difference easily. The "B" cassettes have a black
opening knob on the end and the "N" cassettes have a chrome knob. The
"B" cassettes are shoter than the "N" models which is why you can't
close your M3.

BTW: I use both models and find they are first rate. They are light
tight and don't pop open if dropped.

Cheers!

kw

Frank Filippone wrote:

> I want to spool some B+W film I have in bulk, using some Leic Cassettes I
> bought at a reasonable price.  However, when I put the casssettes into the
> M3, the bottom will not close all the way.....I am doing something wrong.
>
> Does anyone know the secret rules in using Leitz cassettes in an M3?
> Are there 2 different cassettes? One for the M and another for the LTM?
>
> Thank You
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@worldnet.att.net

- --