Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: wteeters@amug.org (Wilber J. Teeters)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:01:10 -0700 (MST)

Ted Grant wrote:

>And after all the fuss about this comet thing and what I see on film from an
>800mm, I really can't get excited about it other than, "gee whiz there is that
>thing they are talking about!"  Just maybe I'm becoming synical in my old age.
>:)

I decided to hold off replying to this until I read some of the ad lib
persiflage in reply this morning and after I attended a talk by Thomas Bopp
at ASU West last night. I had the good fortune to be seated directly in
front of the lectern and also next to Frank Bopp, his dad, so had a good
discussion of the impact of this matter on family and friends. Dragged out
my rarely used Nikkor 55mm 1.2 for the event. Very encouraging was the
number of youngsters at the talk.

I find the comet intriguing and I'm by no means a photographer of the night
skies. Now that my eyesight seems to be failing at a more accelerated rate
I believe that observing the surf, the falls at Yosemite, new buds on the
trees, children at play and seniors playing shuffleboard, and yes, even the
heavens is rewarding beyond belief.

Cheers,
WJT

                                              -