Subject: On her way to become another Diane Arbus ...
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:51:20 -0400

Dear LUGnuts:

For several months I enjoy our 'club'.  I have benefited greatly by =
observing all those great discussions that are going on.  My name is =
J=F6rg Willems, born in Hamburg, Germany, living now in Atlanta, =
Georgia, with my wife Katariina, Lammi, Finland, and two of our three =
sons.  One son moved to Idaho-Falls with his lovely wife.
I enjoy my M6 and M3 and love my Noctilux and 21 mm, f:2.8 and several =
other nice lenses. =20

Three years ago my wife went back to school to learn photography =
(Children are ready to leave home and we remember that we are more than =
just Mom and Dad!).  To my greatest delight, she learned in two years so =
much about photography that she 'enthroned' me to be THE family =
photographer.  With great interest I followed the discussion of y'all =
concerning acquiring skills as a photographer by means of a formal =
education.  In my wife's case it had a great impact.  After just two =
years at Gwinnett Tech she advanced so much that she could land a nice =
contract with our local Remax head quarter to equip their new head =
quarter with 8 large prints and last week they ordered another 12 =
pictures.  The purpose of the prints are to present our county to =
visitors to the head quarter.  I am ecstatic, because my wife is shy and =
timid and this purchase has given her self-esteem a nice boost!
My wife uses a R7 and R6.  She has lenses from 21, 28, 35, 50, 100 and =
last week I surprised her with the 70-180, APO f:2.8 and 2x APO =
extender. Today the ol' girl found out what I paid for it and now she is =
scared to use the lens :)  She also has a Sinar with two lenses that she =
use for table top photography.

After so many words now to the purpose of my letter:
I encouraged Katariina to look into stock photography and now she has =
contacted a stock photography company here in Atlanta to explore how she =
could get into that business.  They were very positive and advised her =
to read several books that explain what stock photography is all about.  =
I would appreciate any kind of help from you "LUG-nuts" that could help =
my wife in her endeavor to start a career in photography.
End of April and first week of May we will drive from Atlanta to =
Idaho-Falls to visit my son and his wife (We love to drive!) and I was =
wondering whether we could count that journey as a business trip if my =
wife would shoot picture for the stock photography?
Does she need an assignment in order to count that as a business trip?

I realize that my behavior is quite cheap: First time I use up so much =
bandwidth I do it to ask for help!  OK, with my hat in my hand I beg for =
forgiveness and thank y'all in advance!  (Y'all was the first thing I =
learned to say and I trust that you know what that means...:) )

Best Regards J=F6rg

=00