Subject: Re: LEICA Fotografie magazine
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Apr 97 10:58:37 EDT

Ian Stanley wrote:

<<<<I just received the 2/97 edition of the new Leica magazine and was
very pleased with. >>>>>

Hi Ian,

It gets better. It's bad enough with "snail mail" but it must be tough waiting
for the "Yak mail" over the mountains. :)

Issue 3/97 just arrived and I thought it was time to bring it to the attention
of other LUGNUTS who might not be aware of it, as I feel it is a much better
magazine than the old version. And like you say, "with next to nothing of
advertising."

It is finally beginning to warm-up here and I'm working on an assignment on
daffodils of all things. Me a people shooter and I'm down on my knees doing
flowers and I'm having a great time, as I was told to shoot them with a
completely open mind and "do what you think will produce interesting things! "

So my assistant has been driving the car and I've been shooting a huge bed of
flowers along side a road as we drive by shooting at slow shutter speeds, 1/30th
and 1/15 for the "wild side" look.

I've done a lot of this "swishy pan" stuff at the Olympics so I wondered what it
might look like on flowers. I can always call it "next millinium nuveau art!"
:-)  Keep tuned. :)

ted