Subject: Re[2]: M6 Dilemma
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 97 08:04:12 PST

     John,

      I agree with you 100%.  I have the same kind of experience with Leica
     and Nikon.

     Regards,
     David

Subject: Re: M6 Dilemma
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    4/16/97 6:18 PM

I have to agree with Jim.  But i feel the need to add that I find
nothing about Nikon lenses to recommend them.  I have tried on numerous
occasions to like Nikon lenses but I always find the pictures
uninteresting and flat, wheter it be color or Black & white.  And it is
true that a lot of Nikon optics may test better (on an optical bench)
than some of Leica's, I find the results from Leica lenses far more
pleasing than Nikon.

 Don't get me wrong, I can understand how attractive a Nikon system may
be to someone because of it's versatility and price.  And if you do not
see a difference then it most probably is not worth the additional
expense to own Leica.  Or as an acquaintance of mine recently said, He
could definitely see a difference between Nikon and leica but the
expense was not worth it, to him.  I do see a difference and therefore
will continue to use M and R Leicas until I do not see a differnce any
longer.

 But, in closing I still beleive that it is the photographer much more
so than the equipment that s/he chooses.  And if You are satisfied with
your equipment then go out and take pictures withit and do not worry
what others think.

That is Just One Man's Opinion
John